Tuesday 23 May 2017

Review of the Book "The Highway Man" authored by Award winning author J. Alchem

Honestly saying initially I was not interested in reading a small book having short stories. But as My Friend Dharaa said me about this book “The Highway Man” and asked me to once read this Book, I purchased the Kindle edition today and read it.
This Book consists of 3 short stories, they are (i) Catherine, (ii) Sidzy For a Day and (iii) The Highway Man.

In the first story “Catherine”, its really nice to read about the characters Dr. Rusenvelt, The Author Nicholas Sieum his father Nicholas Will and the fiction character Catherine the nonexistent heroine in Sieum's Novel with whom the author Sieum fall in love and afterwards this is cured by the doctor in a great psychological way…..
One important thing I found in this story the Author's love letter to his fiction heroine Catherine. You can't stop your tears if you feel it deeply..

The second story “Sidzy For a Day” is all about a couple Sidzy and Jihan. The love and attachment among this couple are penned by the author nicely.
A sentence said by Sidzy (mentioned below) to her husband Jihan is really mindblowing,
“I have never seen heaven but I am damn sure, Heaven has two chocolate brown eyes, a long sharp nose, two rosy cheeks, a short beard, and two big and strong hands to wipe away tears. My Jihan is my heaven and I love him more than anything and anyone in this world!”
Really an amazing story touching the deepest part of the heart. I really loved this story a lot.

The Third and last story is “The Highway Man” where Ayaan, Rohan and The Highway Man are the most pronouncing characters.
Ayaan, a 7 years old boy who lost his mom Sunaina on a Road accident, Rohan is Ayaan’s father. After his mom's death Ayaan lost his smile but once on the way to Agra a stranger met them, had a lift and traveled upto Agra, and on the way to stranger surprisingly succed to bring back Ayaan’s smile once again.
Here while reading this there  I discovered two of its most important sentences (mentioned below) which was said to Rohan by The Highway Man, the stranger really impressed me a lot.

One is,
“Life is not about missing what is gone but counting and cherishing what you have.”

And the another one is,

“I’ll meet you in Ayaan’s smile,”

For the real taste of all these three stories you need to go through this book and as an author I would like to refer this book to all my book lover friends. It's an Amazing book by the Award winning Author J Alchem. I am thankful to him as he authored such a nice book.

No comments: